6 x Sesame Street Elmo’s Magic Numbers
DVDs to giveaway
Last entry – Sunday 2nd June 2013
Thank you for all the GoKids who had submitted their colouring-in
Math can be magical! Max the Magician (Will Arnett) appears on Sesame Street to show Elmo some amazing tricks of addition and subtraction.
Then Elmo and Zoe compete in a zany hat stacking contest! How many hats can they stack? Plus, join the friends for their favourite show, 30 Rock!
This month’s challenge: It is all about NUMBERS.
I would love you to play around and create something fun with numbers.
- Draw a number and colour-in
- Cut and paste
- Draw images or
- Write maths equation…
Example – the equation can be “x”, “/”, “+” or “-“… it can be anything as long as they are NUMBERS.
You can either:
(1) Write a math equation – using numbers or pictures
(2) Colour in – for busy parents who do not have time to supervise – just print and get your kids to colour in.
Click on the image and download the colouring sheet.
(3) Cut and paste any images from shopping catalogues, newspapers, books etc…
Once you have completed your numbers challenge:
(1) Save the document or scan and save the document, use the form below to send it to GoKids.
(2) Alternatively you can send your challenge to GoKids, P O Box 667, Northbridge NSW 1560.
Remember to include your name, address and age at the back of your entry.
GoParents – the aim of this challenge is to encourage GoKids to explore the wonders of numbers. We need your help to guide them and have fun at the same time.
Some ideas and suggestions:
For there are a few ways how you can support them:
1. Download the colouring page – and get them to colour in the numbers or
2. Help them to write any number /s they like and encourage them to colour in.
3. Help them to cut and paste any items from shopping catalogues and get them to count the items. Then hold their hand and write the numbers. After that, encourage your GoKids to colour in.
For Lower Primary School students: You may
1. Encourage them to write a maths equation. For example 10 / 5 = 2
2. Cut and paste items from the catalogue and write an equation, or
3. Download the colouring page – and get them to colour in or
4. Encourage them to write their own numbers and colour them.
For upper primary school students, help them:
1. Write their own equation – using other symbols like division or times. Something more challenging for them. And try to do this without calculators or the computer. It’s about thinking and doing without electronic gadgets.
- Total Prizes: 6 DVDs to give away.
- Use the form to submit your entry or send your entry via mail to GoKids, P O box 667, Northbridge NSW 1560
- Prizes courtesy of Roadshow Entertainment
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- Competition closes Midnight (NSW time) Sunday, 2nd June 2013
- Winners will receive their prize pack/Passes via Australia post.
- No responsibility accepted for lost passes/prize packs sent by post.
- The winners’ First names and State will also be published in the following month’s news segment.