Make learning and creating fun memories as part of your daily interactions
Children learn through fun, thus make all interactions fun and playful. When they enjoy fun interactions and activities, they won't realise they are actually learning.
I am also an advocate of not only making learning fun, but the best learning comes from daily interactions with you, the parents or carer; please use every day "things" or "activities" to create those fun shared moments together.
Two important things to note:
- Children learn through fun interactions.
- Create connections and build strong bonding and relationships through those fun shared memories together.
So, in today's activities, we are going through my vegetable patch, where I took a photo my chilli plant. There are so many things you can create, such as colouring in, count the chillies etc, but today, I thought we can learn about the colour red and count the red chillies.
How about that?
Ok… let's start.
Questions that you may raise depending on the ages of your children. Remember, every child learn at a different pace… so be patient and go with the flow of your child's learning pattern.
- Can you see the red chillies?
- How many can you see?
- Would you like to count them?
Go slow with the counting. If you have an inquisitive child, he or she may point out that:
- One of the chilies is orange, or
- The other chili is half green etc.
Just make it fun. By the end of the exercise:
- Your child will be familiar with numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
- For older child, you can create some writing exercises for numbers and spelling.
- Learn the colour RED and spell the word red (for older child).
- Enhance fine motors skills.
- Most important, if you hold their hands while writing, you will be bonding with your child and creating fond memories of being together.
You may even extend the game using coloured pencils or pens like I have below.
- Circle the red caps/lids.
- Count how many red lids you can find.
Have fun creating fun memories together. Remember, children learn through fun; make all learning fun and memorable while having tonnes of laughter together.
Take your camera and create your fun interactive activities together 🙂