This is a photo of a bird that I tool from our home balcony. It was sitting calmly while I was just next to her taking this photo. So today I thought of using this image and make it into a colouring page.
Download https://s3.amazonaws.com/GoKids-Images/bird_bw.jpeg, print it out, and colour in.
For older GoKids, how about we learn the numbers 1 – 20.
Print out https://s3.amazonaws.com/GoKids-Images/bird_number.jpg and connect the numbers 1 – 20.
There is a missing number. What is it?
Can you write it?
What can your children learn about this exercise:
Having fun and empowering your children the love of learning is about involving them with everyday interactions. My favourite is using anything you can come across; be creative and utilise anything you come across, whether in the garden, along the road side or even from the kitchen.
Get your children involved, and create something where there is an opportunity to communicate. There are many opportunities to interact and have an opportunity to have fun together. Even stopping to smell the roses together.
From this exercise, your child will learn about:
- Colours – how many colours are there? Name them?
- Fine motor skills – colouring in and holding coloured pencils
- Learn about numbers 1-20 and what is the missing number?
- Opportunity to see whether your child is able to recognise the numbers? Replicate this exercise and increase the numbers to 30, 40 or 50 for older children.
- Opportunity to communicate with your children – i.e. how many birds can you see? Why do you think the bird is sitting on the balcony rail? What else do you think you can create from something in the garden?