This is a very simple exercise. The aim is to bring awareness to how much you know your child/children.
These questions are useful when you are feeling overwhelmed and trying to figure out why your children are not as responsive to your instructions etc.
Create a Q & A chart for each child and consciously pay attention to:
- Their favourite colour
- Food they like
- When they are sad, how do they react?
- When they are angry, how do they react?
- When they are happy, how do they react?
- When they are tired, how do they react?
- When they talk to you, what is their ACTUAL message?
Give it a go and notice when you start putting thoughts into words, your level of awareness is so much clearer!
> Also refer to https://gokids.com.au/how-well-do-you-know-your-children?