Creating connections with your children is about shared experiences. Those experiences do not have to be expensive nor hard to create, just have to be creative. Even vegetables can be fun.
Shared experiences can be anything. Today, I am going through one simple fun activity that you can do together.
- Head to the garden with your camera.
- Get your child to take a photo of anything that she or he likes; it can be a flower, an insect, a plant, grass, weeds etc.
- Upload the photo to the computer, and use any free software that you can download to create a carbon copy of the photo into a black and white print.
- Print out the black and white copy and use it as a colouring sheet.
When the connections are strong between a child and his or her carer, it forms the foundation of healthy brain development, which is critical for learning and for gaining maturity in children.
Also children learn through fun; therefore, when you make the activities FUN, filled with enthusiasm and laughter, both you and your child will enjoy the creating and the research process, while connecting both emotionally and physically.
Through the connections and fun process, children will be learning without realising. They focus on having a great time – just being present and engaging with you.
Activities for preschoolers:
- Learn about colour GREEN
- Enhance find motor skill with the coloring
- Learn about the name of the vegetable – eggplant or brinjal
Activities for school aged children:
- Spell the words green and eggplant
- Fine motor skills – writing and colouring
- Identify capital and small letters
There are so many ways you can create fun challenges for your children. Add more ideas onto the worksheets.
Remember, every child is unique, and have a different learning style. Be fun and creative, and have fun while taking into account your children’s ability.
Have a fun and connected day with your family.