Print and colour
Colouring page contributed by: Kinderjazz
The piano is a musical instrument played mainly by means of a keyboard.
It is one of the most popular instruments in the world. The word piano is a shortened form of pianoforte (PF). The musical terms piano and forte mean "quiet" and "loud,".
Almost every modern piano has 52 white keys and 36 black keys for a total of 88 keys.
The piano is usually considered a part of the percussion family because it uses a hammer to hit the strings. Pressing a key on the piano's keyboard causes a felt-covered hammer to strike steel strings. The hammers rebound, allowing the strings to continue vibrating at their resonant frequency.
It is one of the most popular instruments in the world. Widely used in classical and jazz music for solo performances, ensemble use, chamber music and accompaniment, the piano is also very popular as an aid to composing and rehearsal.
Activities that you can do with GoKids
(1) Name the musical instrument above
(2) How many white keys does the modern piano has?
(3) How keys all together does a modern piano has?
(4) The piano is a musical instrument played mainly by means of a k_______
(5) Person who plays the piano is a __________________
(6) Which of these is not a type of piano? Upright, Grand, Baby Grand, Horizontal
(7) Piano is normally considered as part of the precussion family? True or False
(8) Another name for piano___________________
(9) Pianos are used in concert. True or False?
(10) The piano is a musical instrument played mainly by means of a keyboard. True of False
(2) Spell PIANO: P_ _ NO | PIA _ O | P _ A N _ | P _ _ _ O
(3) What other musical instruments do you know? (Example: violin, cello… do a Google search: Musical Instrument)
(4) Can you name the keys/notes on the piano? C D E F G A B C?
(5) Head to Youtube and listen to what a piano sounds like
(2) Print the word piano and colour in