Last week we talked about how much do you understand your children, but what about yourself?
In today’s blog, let’s talk about how much you know about yourself. Know WHO you are and WHAT you want in life.
The exercise is similar – The aim is to bring awareness about you.
These questions are useful when you are feeling overwhelmed and being reactive to situation and circumstances. Such as, when your child/children behave in a certain way, you reacted, either being really angry or upset about it.
Let’s just start by asking these simple questions:
- What is my favourite colour?
- How would I like to spend your weekend?
- What makes me sad? WHY?
- What makes me angry? WHY?
- What am I grateful for?
- How does happiness look like for me?
- How do I want to relate to my children?
- What sort of relationship would l like?
- What would I want my life to look like?
Get your journal out and give it a go, and notice when you start putting thoughts into words, your level of awareness is so much clearer!
Knowing what you want and who you are in life, you will have better control of your life and become the parent and leader your family deserves.