Challenge yourself with the General Knowledge about Australia, Australia Sports. Arts and Literature, History and Science etc
1. In what year was Advance Australia Fair proclaimed as the national anthem by the
2. What are the faunal emblems of Western Australia?
3. In what city did the Commonwealth Parliament first sit?
4. In what year were the 1 cent and 2 cent coins removed from circulation?
5. Who is the only person to have been awarded both the Australian of the Year and Young
Australian of the Year titles?
6. Who is on the front of the current issue $100 note?
7. Who was the recipient of the inaugural Australian of the Year Award?
1. Which horse won the Melbourne Cup in 2002?
2. What was Sir Donald Bradman’s batting average?3. Which Australian has been named the most valuable player in the US’s WNBA?
4. How many gold medals did Australians win at the 2002 Winter Olympic Games and who
5. Of our Australian male swimmers, who has won the most Olympic gold medals?
Arts and Literature
1. Who designed the Sydney Opera House?
2. Who painted the Nebuchadnezzar series?
3. In what year did the Australian National Gallery open?
4. Which band has received an Australian of the Year Award?
5. Who is the lead singer of Silverchair?
History and Science
1. How many ships were in the First Fleet?
2. What year did Cyclone Tracy hit Darwin?
3. Where was Ned Kelly’s last stand?
4. Who was Australia’s first Aboriginal Senator?
5. What date did “new” parliament house open?
6. In what year was gold first discovered in Victoria and NSW to begin the “Gold Rush”?
7. In what year was decimal currency introduced?
8. In what year did more than 90% of Australians vote YES to count Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians in the national census of the population?
9. In what year was the Walk for Reconciliation across Sydney Harbour Bridge?
How did you go? Click here for the answers
The Quiz is contributed by Australia Day