Activities that you can do with GoKids
Have fun with your kids learning about the Geography of Australia.
All answers can be written out on paper, or you can use the comment section below to type in your answers.
When typing in the comment section, please state your first name (ONLY) and your age.
Fellow GoParents, I would love to hear from you. If you would like to include any suggestions, please add your suggestion in the comment section below or use this form: http://gokids.com.au/goparents
Refer to the picture of Australia above. The answers are on the picture
- What is the size of Australia (in sq km)?
- What is the size of Europe (in sq km)?
- How many states or territory does Australia has?
- What is the distance between Perth and Darwin?
- Draw a map of Australia and name (a) all the states (b) the oceans surrounding Australia (c) Identify where is the Great Dividing Range
- True or False – Australia is the smallest continent in the world?
- Refer to your own map, which direction do you have to do if you live in Melbourne and want to travel to Sydney? And how far would you have to drive?
- What is the capital city of Queensland? Mark it down on the map
- Is the Pacific Ocean east or west of Australia?
- What is the Floral Emblem of NSW? Refer: http://gokids.com.au/?s=emblem
More about Australia: http://gokids.com.au/10-geographical-facts-about-australia
Ages 5 – 6
- Draw the map of Australia and colour in (You can Google search)
- Name all the states and territory of Australia
- When you travel from Sydney to Melbourne, the distance is 887______ (how do you measure distance?)
- Math question: 1km (kilo meter) = _________ m (meter)?
- The capital of Victoria is MEL__OUR__ __
Ages 2 – 4
Use coloured pencils or child safe crayons.